[OpenStack-Infra] Jenkins Job Builder

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Fri Jul 19 20:41:22 UTC 2013

On 2013-07-19 13:01:28 +0200 (+0200), Antoine Musso wrote:
> Yuvi Panda (a software developer for the Wikimedia Foundation) as
> written a python bot that replicates GitHub pull requests to
> Gerrit:
>
>   https://github.com/yuvipanda/SuchABot
>
> Some people in our community believe that GitHub might help
> attracting more people to look at/hack the code.

Neat! Unfortunately something like that probably wouldn't be
directly applicable for contributions to OpenStack itself, since
another layer would be needed to defer the pull request (possibly
indefinitely) waiting for the author to go through the CLA signing
process--which is far more onerous than actually sending the review
directly to Gerrit. As much as I'm not a fan having a CLA, it
doesn't seem likely to go away for the core/integrated OpenStack
projects any time soon.

More important to me is that it could encourage continued use of
services backed by proprietary, commercial tools like GitHub's over
developing equivalent free software (in the libre sense). But from a
purely technical perspective, that's a remarkably nifty solution!
I'm also always amused to see software released under the DWTFYWTPL.