[OpenStack-Infra] Git review and local merges?

Spencer Judge sushisource at gmail.com
Tue Apr 23 23:56:30 UTC 2013

Hi all,

Our team recently started using the git review tool you guys have made, and
it's really helpful, thanks for the work.

I have one question: I like to create local branches, do my work, then
merge back into master without fast-forwarding. That way I've kept local
branch history in case I need it, for whatever reason. Those branches stay
local.

However, the git review tool seems to insist on creating separate reviews
and dependencies for every commit, even when using the -R option and
specifying master as the branch.

Is there a way I can push just the merge, with all the changes, as one
review (on master)? Am I just missing something? Or is this a workflow that
isn't really supported by the tool?

If there's anything I can do to contribute, or even add this functionality
myself, just point me at it and I'll see what I can do.

Thanks!
Spencer