[OpenStack-Infra] Update on IPv6 Bug with SSH in Rackspace Cloud

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Mon Apr 29 01:28:01 UTC 2013

Thanks for prodding this from your end of things, Rainya! I check
that current Rackspace ticket at least weekly in hopes that we no
longer have to keep track of which of our VMs have working IPv6 and
which don't. For the moment we're just opting to not add AAAA
records on virtual machines which are unreachable via SSH on their
IPv6 addresses, since that's an easier workaround than carrying
config patches for that subset of systems. That said, the sooner we
can manage those systems via IPv6 with default configuration the
happier we'll all be.