[OpenStack-Infra] JJB overriding job-group jobs

Antoine Musso hashar at free.fr
Tue Dec 11 21:38:00 UTC 2012

Le 10/12/12 16:43, Antoine Musso a écrit :
<snip>
> For my testing I created a simpler version of my file which I pasted as
> a gist:
>   https://gist.github.com/4251317
>
> It defines a default "parameters" value at project level and attempt to
> override "parameters" for a specific job.

Clark Boylan pointed out the solution on IRC. JJB job templates will
only be found by using their name aka '{name}-{extname}-action', you can
override the three variables in the job definition. The end result is:

 - job-template:
    name: '{name}-{ext-name}-testextensions'

 - project:
   name: mwext
   dependencies: "DEFAULT"  // used in macros and job-templates
   ext-name:
     - Echo
     - SVGEdit
     - Translate
     - visual
   jobs:
    - mwext-check-jobs // call the job-group
    - '{name}-{ext-name}-testextensions'
       # Select a specific job:
       name: mwext
       ext-name: Translate
       # Override the job-group default parameter:
       dependencies: 'Diff,Validator'

The related updated gist version is:
https://gist.github.com/4251317/d7f6156390f19cf5078c216ea8a1059cc3cf2366

I have added a comment to run it and check the result.

Jeremy Stanley pointed out this particular use case might be worth a
documentation update.  I am not sure myself how to write a concise
example though, any help welcome.

cheers and thank you all!

--
Antoine "hashar" Musso