[OpenStack-I18n] [i18n] Request to be added as Vietnamese translation group coordinators

Akihiro Motoki amotoki at gmail.com
Thu Sep 26 12:32:59 UTC 2019

Hi Trinh,

We, the i18n team, have no specific criteria on "qualified" language
coordinators, but I have several comments.
Anyway, I would suggest to join your language team first.

- Are you already members of Vietnamese language team in
translate.openstack.org?
  At least a language coordinator needs to be an active member of the
language team.
  When I check the Vietnamese page [1], I only see two people.
- The main roles of the language coordinator(s) are to maintain team
members (mainly approve join requests)
  and coordinate translation discussion in your language. The only the
first one is a thing you need a right of coordinator.
  If you already lead or coordinate Vietnamese translations, it would
be a good positive point as language coordinator.
  For example, you can call for translations in your language to your
local community around the OpenStack release.
- The language coordinator would be a contact point from the i18n team.
  The main things I see now are:
   to fix translation errors which leads to translation import
failures as a first contact
   to triage translation bugs which are sometimes reported to bug
trackers on openstack-i18n launchpad or individual project.

[1] https://translate.openstack.org/language/view/vi-VN?