[OpenStack-I18n] [I18n] project team status update regarding internationalization/translation as July 2019

Akihiro Motoki amotoki at gmail.com
Mon Jul 29 16:25:14 UTC 2019

Hi Ian,

Thanks for sharing the current status.

> 3. Updating ATC & AUC
> : Frank previously submitted extra-ATC for Stein through
> https://review.opendev.org/#/c/633398/ , and this time I would like to
> submit the stat calculation from 2019-01-26 to 2019-07-25.
> : All contributors who had commits on openstack/i18n repository will be
> automatically regarded as Active Technical Contributors [1], and
>    I18n team would like to nominate all translators who contributed
> translations on OpenStack official repositories
> (https://governance.openstack.org/tc/reference/projects/ ) >= 300 words
>    as extra-ATCs assuming that their Zanata e-mail IDs are registered as
> Foundation members.
> : All translators who contributed >=300 word tranlations to the
> following projects will be nominated as Active User Contributors [2]
>    assuming that their Zanata e-mail IDs are registered as Foundation
> members: "contributor-guide, edge-computing,
> leveraging-containers-openstack, openstack-user-survey, operations-guide".

Does this mean if someone translates >=300 words but translates <300
words in ATC targeted projects and <300 words in AUC targeted projects
they are not recognized as either of ATC and AUC? The i18n doc [1]
just mentions translators who translate >=300 words will be regarded
as ATC. From the i18n guide perspective, the above statement in Ian's
mail looks undocumented. It sounds better to be consistent (though I
am not sure we have such translators.)

[1] https://docs.openstack.org/i18n/latest/official_translator.html#atc-status-in-i18n-project
Find my question inline below.