[OpenStack-I18n] [PTG][Docs][I18n] Planning and time schedule

Frank Kloeker eumel at arcor.de
Mon Apr 29 18:38:25 UTC 2019

Am 2019-04-29 17:44, schrieb Robert Simai:
> Hi,
>
> On Saturday, 27 April 2019, 03:10:13 CEST Frank Kloeker
> <eumel at arcor.de>
> wrote:
>
>> - Migrate I18n translation platform back from Zanata
>> There is no full planned timetable yet. Maybe we have during the day
>> an
>> onsite discussion and want to sync with remote guys at 16:00? EU is 8
>> hours ahead and Korea/Japan 15 hours [3].
>> Let me know your thoughts and ideas or write it to the Etherpad.
>
> This comes as a surprise to me and I'd be interested to hear about the
> rationale. I don't know what happens behind the scenes but Zanata seems
> satisfy the demand nicely.
>
> I was looking at the linked Etherpad [1] but couldn't find the answer:
> what
> is the motivation to make this change?
>
> [1] https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/I18n-weblate-migration

Robert,

unfortunatelly there is no offial statement from RedHat/IBM so far. But
in November last year the Zanata Core team starts to leave the company.
Carlos confirmed that today on the Zanata mailing list. For this reason
I started last year this Blueprint to evaluate new translation platform:
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/openstack-i18n/+spec/renew-translation-platform
It seems Weblate fits most of our requirements, but there is no
decission yet to change the platform. Maybe during PTG we make some
progress.

kind regards

Frank