[OpenStack-I18n] Edge Computing Whitepaper Translation

Akihiro Motoki amotoki at gmail.com
Tue May 29 09:50:23 UTC 2018

Hi folks involved in the edge computing whitepaper and its translations,

During the summit, we requested to publish more translations on the edge
computing whitepaper in several ways.
We now know the publication process currently used takes time to publish
more languages.

While I hope all translations are published via the official way,
considering this, I created RST version of the whitepaper as a trial,
RST version of the edge computing whitepaper is now available at [1] and
translations can be found at [2].
RST contents are based on the published PDF version [3] and translations
are pulled from Zanata.
There are some minor differences between the published contents and Zanata
contents,
so I need a quick dirty conversion like [4].

My effort is to explore a light way to publish translations quickly and I
do not stick to this way,

Thought?

NOTE: Anyway I need to grant it from the foundation because CC
Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 International license does not allow me to
share translations without permission. I updated this files only for
discussion and will close this soon.

[1] https://github.com/amotoki/edge-computing-whitepaper
[2] https://amotoki.github.io/edge-computing-whitepaper/
[3] https://www.openstack.org/edge-computing/
[4]
https://github.com/amotoki/edge-computing-whitepaper/blob/master/adjust.sed
[4]

https://www.openstack.org/assets/edge/OpenStack-EdgeWhitepaper-v3-online.pdf
?

> With many thanks,
>
> /Ian
>
> SungJin Kang wrote on 2/7/2018 8:54 PM:
>
> OK,
> lol~~

>> Hello I18n Team,
>>
>> maybe as you know beside the project teams there are also working groups
in the OpenStack Community. One of them is the Edge Computing Working
Group. This group produced a whitepaper which described the essence of Edge
Computing and want to translate that to spread knowledge and the Edge
Community. I think thats the point where we can help. I uploaded the
document on [1]. If you have some time and spend some efforts in this topic
please go ahead, any language translations are welcome. The completion date
is in 2 weeks.

>> many thanks
>>
>> Frank
>>
>> please note: the document is only available with the document link on
[1]. The link in the language list doesn't work in this Zanata version.

https://translate.openstack.org/iteration/view/edge-computing/master/documents