[OpenStack-I18n] What's Up, Doc? Farewell edition

Alexandra Settle a.settle at outlook.com
Fri Jan 27 10:02:18 UTC 2017

I am sad too ☹ end of an era.

Looking forward to what we can achieve together ☺

Thank you to everyone for your support ☺

On 1/27/17, 1:17 AM, "Lana Brindley" <openstack at lanabrindley.com> wrote:

    Hi everyone,

    I must confess, I'm feeling a little sad. This is my very last What's Up, Doc. Next week, I'll be handling the Docs PTL mantle to Alexandra Settle. I've worked with Alex in varying capacities over many years, and I have no doubt that she will be a fabulous PTL. I'm really looking forward to working with her, and seeing what new directions she's able to take this team. I want to take this opportunity to thank each and every one of you for your continued support and encouragement over the last two years (and almost-four releases!). I have had an absolute ball doing this job, and it's all because of the amazing people I get to work with every day. Of course, I'm not going anywhere just yet. I will stay on as a core contributor, and continue to help out as much as I can.

    == Progress towards Ocata ==

    26 days to go!

    Closed 211 bugs so far.

    Release tasks are being tracked here: https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Documentation/OcataDeliverables
    Install Guide testing is being tracked here: https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Documentation/OcataDocTesting

    == The Road to PTG in Atlanta ==

    Event info is available here: http://www.openstack.org/ptg
    Purchase tickets here: https://pikeptg.eventbrite.com/

    Docs is a horizontal project, so our sessions will run across the Monday and Tuesday of the event. We will be combining the docs event with i18n, so translators and docs people will all be in the room together.

    Conversation topics for Docs and i18n here: https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/docs-i18n-ptg-pike

    Also, a quick note that the CFP and ticket sales for *Boston in May* are now open: https://www.openstack.org/summit/boston-2017/call-for-presentations/

    == Speciality Team Reports ==

    No speciality team reports this week, as we didn't have quorum for the docs meeting.

    == Doc team meeting ==

    Our next meeting will be on Thursday 9 February at 2100 UTC in #openstack-meeting-alt

    Meeting chair will be Alexandra Settle.

    For more meeting details, including minutes and the agenda: https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Meetings/DocTeamMeeting

    --

    Keep on doc'ing!