[OpenStack-I18n] [I18n] PTL Candidacy for Pike

Ian Y. Choi ianyrchoi at gmail.com
Thu Jan 26 16:38:04 UTC 2017

Hello,

I am writing to announce my candidacy for I18n Pike PTL.

To retrospect my activities in Ocata cycle,
my overall feeling is that Ocata cycle is really short.
In fact, I acknowledge that most of the action items I wrote in [1]
are still on-going or have not completed yet.
Nevertheless, the followings are some memorable activities which I have
involved with and also would like to continue during upcoming Pike cycle:

* Well summarized action items from Ocata Design Summit [2]
* IRC meeting time change accordingly with two bi-weekly schedules
* Publicizing IRC meeting announcement and logs [3]
* On-going effort on Zanata upgrade with Xenial with infra team
* Clearer communication on translation imports and criteria [4, 5]
* Landing page updates for translated documents
* Co-participation in Pike PTG with Documentation team [6]

I am seeing that there are many upstream translations,
and many I18n team members participate with great and kind help.
I really appreciate their contributions and also the help from
especially Infrastructure team, Documentation team, and Zanata development
team members. I believe that I am able to continue my effort to finish
what I wrote in [1] and make for better I18n.

Please support and encourage me again.

[1]
https://git.openstack.org/cgit/openstack/election/plain/candidates/ocata/I18n/ianychoi.txt
[2] https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/barcelona-i18n-meetup