[OpenStack-I18n] [OpenStack-Infra] [I18n] Regarding Zanata upgrade plan to 3.9.6 with Xenial: Help is needed

Ian Y. Choi ianyrchoi at gmail.com
Tue Jan 17 15:35:14 UTC 2017

Hello,

Thanks a lot for so wonderful clarification with detail explanation!
I agree that it is time to upgrade Zanata to a newer version with Xenial
on translate-dev server.

Just two things I would like to say now a little bit more are:

- I am not too much familiar with database backups for mysql on Trove, but
   [1] is related with database backup? Also, I was informed that Reik,
Frank's colleague,
   proposed a patch [2] for translate (production) server backup.
   It would be much better if it is also considered during the overall
upgrade procedure not to lose database data on production.

- When I have just added some sentences on [3], I have found that Zanata
4.0 is now released
   and also it has more enhancements: personally, shortcut key for
review approval & reject is so cool...!
   Then in my opinion, upgrading to Zanata 4.0 not 3.9.6 would be fine.
(Doesn't it, Alex?)

[1] http://docs.openstack.org/infra/system-config/sysadmin.html#backups
[2] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/420735/
[3] https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/I18n-Zanata-enhancement