[OpenStack-I18n] [OpenStack-Infra] [I18n] Regarding Zanata upgrade plan to 3.9.6 with Xenial: Help is needed

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Fri Jan 13 21:44:43 UTC 2017

On 2017-01-13 13:31:54 -0800 (-0800), Clark Boylan wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 12, 2017, at 02:36 PM, Ian Y. Choi wrote:
[...]
> > - Can I have root access to translate-dev and translate server?
>
> This is something that can be discussed with the infra team, typically
> we would give access to someone assisting with implementation to the
> -dev server while keeping the production server as infra-root only. I
> will make sure fungi sees this.

Echoing Clark, as I really have nothing more to add... Ideally the
dev server should be identical enough to production under normal
circumstances that root access to dev is sufficient to test theories
and confirm issues. If you need logs or other similar artifacts from
the production instance, we have a dozen root admins scattered
around the globe who should be available to get those for you on
demand. If this arrangement is still inconvenient, then we can work
to improve dev/production symmetry or safely increase debugging data
availability for production as needed.
--
Jeremy Stanley