[OpenStack-I18n] [openstack-docs] [dev] What's up, Doc?

Alexandra Settle a.settle at outlook.com
Fri Feb 24 18:32:41 UTC 2017

Team team team team team,

Welcome to my second edition of What's up, Doc!

We have had an extremely busy week in Atlanta for the PTG. We had a really enthusiastic attendance and I am truly impressed by how much we have managed to get done. This newsletter will be a short one and focus on a small PTG update!

Our bug triager for the first 2 weeks of Pike is Darren Chan. Looking for more people to sign up and help out: https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Documentation/SpecialityTeams#Bug_Triage_Team

== Progress towards Pike ==

Thanks to our amazing release managers, Maria, Brian and Lana for all their amazing hard work on the Ocata release. Big thanks to Anne for stepping in at the last minute!

* 44 days to go! https://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/newyear?p0=24&msg=Pike+release&ud=1&font=slab

== The Road to the Summit in Boston ==

Voting is now open for topics. You can find the list of topics here: https://www.openstack.org/summit/boston-2017/vote-for-speakers#/
I was able to find some documentation related topics. If anyone has any more topics I am unaware of, please reply to this email thread and share your talks!

Please vote for your fellow documenter below:

1. https://www.openstack.org/summit/boston-2017/vote-for-speakers#/17888
2. https://www.openstack.org/summit/boston-2017/vote-for-speakers#/18078
3. https://www.openstack.org/summit/boston-2017/vote-for-speakers#/17711

Event info is available here: http://www.openstack.org/ptg
Purchase tickets here: https://pikeptg.eventbrite.com/
Tickets for the Boston summit: https://www.openstack.org/summit/boston-2017/

== PTG Update ==

We had a very successful PTG! Thanks to all those that were able to attend. Thanks to Ian Choi and the I18n team for being wonderful collaborators. We were able to get a lot done in our horizontal sessions. For anyone that is interested, here's our etherpad with all the notes from the sessions: https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/docs-i18n-ptg-pike
Here are a few of the exciting things to look out for in Pike:

1.       High Availability Guide improvements

a.       Adam Spiers and Ianeta Hutchinson will be leading the charge on the HA guide with a massive restructure and up-to-date new content.

2.       Reno release notes for OpenStack manuals

a.       Adam Spiers has been working alongside John Davidge and the Infra team to work on implementing the reno release notes process for documentation. Including looking at implementing new reno templates to work specifically for documentation!

3.       Networking Guide improvements and more collaboration with the neutron team.

a.       John Davidge has been working with the neutron team to develop the best way to ensure information flows into the guide. Discussions around the use of the DocImpact tag were successful.

4.       Administrator Guide changes! Keep your eye out for exciting developments.

a.       Ildiko Vancsa and Joseph Robinson will be working together to come up with a new specification to implement in Queens for our Administration Guide. Development teams have been enthusiastic about implementing the project-install-guide and are looking for similar structures with the Admin Guide. Stay tuned for more news here!

I had the opportunity to report back to meeting attendees yesterday afternoon, if anyone would like to know more, here are the meeting minutes: http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/meetings/docteam/2017/docteam.2017-02-23-20.59.log.txt

== Doc team meeting ==

Our next meeting will be on Thursday 9 March at 2100 UTC in #openstack-meeting-alt.

Meeting chair will be me (Alexandra Settle - asettle)! \o/

For more meeting details, including minutes and the agenda: https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Meetings/DocTeamMeeting

--

Have a great weekend!

Alex
Lamp enthusiast and award winning marathon sleeper

IRC: asettle
Twitter: dewsday