[OpenStack-I18n] Simplified Chinese cannot be found in the language list in Horizon

Akihiro Motoki amotoki at gmail.com
Fri Aug 11 11:11:01 UTC 2017

I confirmed this. This is caused by the combination or
- the auto-generation logic of the language list introduced in Pike, and
- the change in Django 1.9 which droped zh-CN and zh-TW in favor of zh-hans
and zh-hant (though Django provides a fallback logic)

I am exploring a way to fix it, but until then the workaround is to set

LOCALE_PATHS = []

in local_settings.py (In case of devstack, it is
/opt/stack/horizon/openstack_dashboard/local/local_settings.py)