[OpenStack-I18n] [openstack-dev] [Cinder] string freeze exception for VMAX driver

Ian Y. Choi ianyrchoi at gmail.com
Fri Aug 4 15:47:12 UTC 2017

Hello Helen,

Thanks a lot for sharing a string freeze exception request to
openstack-dev mailing list.

With @amotoki's comment [1] and the discussion on the last IRC meeting
yesterday [2],
I18n team is fine and there will be no problem to accept the requests
from I18n team's perspective.

Note that String Freeze has been important for Docs & I18n team to
acknowledge string freeze
status and take appropriate actions of what needs to be changed to
documentation and translation activities if needed.
Since I18n team now more focuses on dashboard translations [1] and
documents are being migrated [3],
I think the importance of string freeze for server projects (e.g.,
cinder, nova, keystone, neutron) might
be less important than previous cycle(s), but sharing the status to all
the teams including release management team
is a good idea to stay on the same page as much as possible :)

With many thanks,

/Ian, I18n team Ocata PTL.

[1]
http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-i18n/2017-August/002999.html