[OpenStack-I18n] [OpenStack-docs] Summary of how I18n affects with doc-migration

Andreas Jaeger aj at suse.com
Tue Aug 1 06:57:09 UTC 2017

On 2017-07-31 22:46, Doug Hellmann wrote:
> Excerpts from Ian Y. Choi's message of 2017-08-01 03:16:09 +0900:
>> [...]
>> 2. Draft index page for translated documents was also removed
>>
>> Previously, Docs team maintained draft documents for the master branch
>> (which will be the stable branch
>> after the official release and the document stables) on
>> https://docs.openstack.org/draft/draft-index.html page.
>> It also contained translated draft documents and I18n team accessed the
>> page to see whether translated documents
>> render well or not, and also review translated strings.
>>
>> I did not notice when I saw the spec [1], but recently, I noticed that
>> the the draft-index.html page was deprecated
>> by [next-release-name]/index.haml (e.g.,
>> https://docs.openstack.org/pike/index.html ) [4].
>>
>> Since I18n team encourages translation review for the better quality of
>> translations, it is a good idea to see
>> draft documents before language landing pages have the link to fully
>> translated and reviewed documents.
>
> Is it possible to see the draft of a translation by reviewing the
> output of the job that proposes the patch containing the translated
> text?

Currently not, it needs publishing to docs-draft and a way to access the
multiple documents. Note this needs handling for both openstack-manuals
and project repos like neutron (networking-guide).

>> Motoki-san proposed an idea of translation status support using an yaml
>> file in openstack-manuals [5],
>> and I would like to discuss with I18n team how we deal with the change
>> of draft index page.
>
> How would that flag or information be used?

WE could just have the link to it added - dependent on the flag - to either:
* language index
* draft index

Andreas
       HRB 21284 (AG Nürnberg)