[OpenStack-I18n] To language team coordinators: Let's speed up for Newton translation

Akihiro Motoki amotoki at gmail.com
Mon Sep 26 06:21:11 UTC 2016

> Hello Akihiro-san,
>
> Thank you for this remainder :)
>
> I have one question.
> For Mitaka release, we set the criteria for Horizon translation as 66% [1]
>
> For Newton, currently the following 14 languages satisfy the criteria
> - cs, de, en-gb, en-au, es, fr, it, ja, ko, pt-br, ru, zh-cn, zh-tw + id
>
> Note that Indonesian was not included in Mitaka, but now the translation
> progress is very good (76.12% for Horizon).
>
> Unfortunately, the two following languages are near the cutting edges
> - pl-PL: 65.36%
> - tr-TR: 63.19%
>
> I have checked the translation ratios for those two languages one week
> ago, and now, the translation ratios are unfortunately the same.
>
> Should we remove those two languages in Horizon for Newton?
>
> I would like to discuss this issue with i18n members.
> IMO since my kind announcement for Horizon translation was a little bit
> late,
> I think just including Indonesian and so total 16 languages for Newton
> would be nice.
>
> And Akihiro-san, what would be the final due to include or exclude
> language lists in Horizon?

AFAIK the horizon team has not decided the exact date for the final RC,
but my guess is around the middle of the week.
If there is a special reason, the horizon team can prepare RC3.
I can propose the update of the language list appropriately and coordinate
the date.

My vote on the language list is to add languages with good progress
aggresively
and not to hurry to remove languages with non-good progress from the
existing list.
Thus, my suggestion is only to add Indonesian and remove nothing.
How about apply the similar rule for translation import?
For translation import, 75% for inclusion and 60% for exclusion.

Akihiro