[OpenStack-I18n] [openstack-community] Chinese Ask OpenStack

Ian Y. Choi ianyrchoi at gmail.com
Sat Sep 24 09:17:46 UTC 2016

Hello Stefano!

First of all, sorry for my late reply from your kind comment.
(Recently I have been thinking a lot inside my brain, but most ideas are
still in my head..)

Thank you very much for sharing with much details.
Although it has been less than 2 years since I participated in as a
OpenStack Korean group organizer,
I have seen lots of kind and enormous efforts and communications from
you and Tom during my community activities.
I really appreciate such great help and support, especially for
non-English members from you and Tom, and also so many community members.

I agree that ask.o.o is also an open source, and in my opinion,
we, as community organizers and leaders, can encourage local developers
and operators to more participate in
building and maintaining ask.o.o for their languages.
I really hope that more local communities will be vitalized through lots
of interesting activities
: not only local meetups, but also grouped development activities and
more participation in OpenStack contribution
including infra-side management.

My actions for building Korean ask.o.o may be slow, since recently I
applied to I18n Ocata PTL.
but I would happily like to keep on investigating my time for building
Korean ask.o.o steadily.

And for I18n team, the cross-relationship with other official project
teams is important, but
encouraging more local language translator participation is also another
significant aspect to make OpenStack ubiquitously accessible.

I really want to find nice approaches how local translators will get
more involved in translation with local community activities.
If someone has a good idea on such perspective, feel free to kindly
share opinions :)

(So for this reason and FYI, I am copying my mail thread to
openstack-i18n at lists.openstack.org)