[OpenStack-I18n] RFC: publishing translated release notes

Andreas Jaeger aj at suse.com
Mon Sep 19 08:08:03 UTC 2016

On 2016-09-18 22:02, Andreas Jaeger wrote:
> I've done a proof of concept on how we could publish translated release
> notes:
>
> https://review.openstack.org/372167
>
> I've added two open questions to the review - please look at it and give
> me your suggestions. If anybody comes up with a better solution, this
> would be more than welcome,
>
> Note that currently only 19 repos have translations for release notes -
> out of 197 repos that have release notes,

Somehow the releasenotes itself do not get translated. A few lines have
translations but lots is missing.

For example, check:
http://users.suse.com/~aj/horizon-releasenotes/
http://users.suse.com/~aj/trove-dashboard-releasenotes/

And compare with openstack-manuals that does not use reno:
http://users.suse.com/~aj/openstack-manuals-release-notes/

My guess is that the string extraction - or merging back - is not
working with reno as we would expect it.

Is there anyone that could investigate this, please?

The script can be run easily locally.

I won't have time this week to work further on this,

Andreas
       HRB 21284 (AG Nürnberg)