[OpenStack-I18n] First stable/newton branches created

Andreas Jaeger aj at suse.com
Fri Sep 16 05:29:11 UTC 2016

On 09/16/2016 02:54 AM, Ian Y. Choi wrote:
> Hello Andreas and i18n team members,
>
> Yesterday (according to UTC), Kato-san and me discussed this topic in
> IRC meeting [1],
>     but we are not sure when we will have stable-newton branch.
> I think it is time to create stable-newton branch now and Kato-san will
> deal with,
> but I would like to ask some details to clarify the best timing of
> creating a stable branch.
>
> When should i18n team create a stable branch (e.g., stable-newton) in
> Zanata?

Master branches of nova and other projects - see all the announcements
yesterday on openstack-dev - are now Ocata! So, we have to create them now.

> I thought just after from "Hard StringFreeze" in [2] would be the right
> time,
> or checking at least Horizon development status (since the focus of i18n
> team now is Horizon related projects)
> would be needed. (Previously we had I18n cross project liaisons [3].)
> Or should we start gradually the projects merged with
> "topic:create-[release name]" patches, like [4]?

Yes, those should be enabled (if you want to translate them) - these are
the ones I'm talking about.

Btw. note that release-notes are generated only on master, do not
translate them in stable branches!

Andreas

> [1]
> http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/meetings/openstack_i18n_meeting/2016/openstack_i18n_meeting.2016-09-15-13.03.html
>
> [2] https://releases.openstack.org/newton/schedule.html
> [3] https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/CrossProjectLiaisons#I18n
> [4] https://review.openstack.org/#/q/topic:create-newton
>

> With many thanks,
>
> /Ian
>
> Andreas Jaeger wrote on 9/16/2016 3:35 AM:
>> Could somebody please set up stable-newton branches for those projects
>> that should get translations of them, please?
>>
>> With RC1 today, projects are creating stable/newton branches now,
>>
>> Andreas

       HRB 21284 (AG Nürnberg)