[OpenStack-I18n] stable-mitaka openstack-manuals is not updated?

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Thu May 19 16:11:14 UTC 2016

On 2016-05-19 20:55:19 +0900 (+0900), Akihiro Motoki wrote:
> According to Zanata information, the last update of openstack-manuals
> stable-mitaka version in Zanata is 13/05/16 19:21 (perhaps my local
> time JST+09:00).
> The last merge of openstack-manuals stable/mitaka branch is May 17
> 18:16 (in my local time too).
> We cannot access jenkins.openstack.org now (due to the security
> reason), so I cannot check what happens).

Which job logs are you looking for? For example, if it's
openstack-manuals-propose-translation-update-mitaka then go here:

Unfortunately it looks like our weekly compression runs update the
timestamps on those directories so you need to descend into them to
find which file timestamps are prior to Monday. A little digging
indicates that the run from the 13th[1] succeeded, but starting with
the 14th[2] it's been consistently failing with "fatal: pathspec
'doc/common/source/locale/common.pot' did not match any files"
which seems to be coming from the common_translation_update.sh
script[3], though this was several days after the change[4] to
openstack-manuals merged removing the file mentioned in the error.

Someone with a little better understanding of the nuances in the
translation update jobs can hopefully spot the cause.

[1] http://logs.openstack.org/periodic/openstack-manuals-propose-translation-update-mitaka/6e27c23/console.html
[2] http://logs.openstack.org/periodic/openstack-manuals-propose-translation-update-mitaka/1ca3510/console.html.gz
[3] http://git.openstack.org/cgit/openstack-infra/project-config/tree/jenkins/scripts/common_translation_update.sh
[4] https://review.openstack.org/314424