[OpenStack-I18n] Newton Design Summit summary

Kato, Tomoyuki kato.tomoyuki at jp.fujitsu.com
Mon May 2 02:40:12 UTC 2016

Hi everyone,

Here is Newton Design Summit I18n sessions summary.

I18n Design Summit
------------------

* Thursday 2016-04-28 13:30 - 15:00
  I18n workshop: translation processes and tools
  https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/austin-i18n-workshop
* Friday 2016-04-29 9:00 -12:30
  I18n Contributors meetup
  https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/austin-i18n-meetup

Summary
-------

* Newton cycle translation priority
  - Dashboard and plug-ins: require ALL with appropriate priority [TBD]
  - Documentation: install-guide, user-guide, api-quick-start
  - Glossary (not yet implemented)

* I18n Guide revision
  - String freeze policy
  - How to translate release notes
  - How to archiving ATC, coordinators and core reviewers

* Release notes translation
  - At now, we have translation resources at Zanata,
    which is named "releasenotes" at each project
  - Discussion with Doug Hellman, Release Management team PTL
    - publish to http://docs.openstack.org/<lang>/releasenotes/<project>/
    - create each language index page, manually or automatically
    - each release note page doesn't contain language selector

* Translation check site
  - patch review is under going. need review

* Zanata upgrade
  - we need more time because it does not work fine

* Automatic generation of ATC list
  - First, need to upgrade Zanata to version 3.9 or later

* Glossary management
  - First, need to upgrade Zanata to version 3.9 or later
  - Need to decide management process, file formats, and so on

* Improve Stackalytics
  - Add "translation review" count as new metrics
  - Update the stats daily, not weekly, as others

* Docs translation publication
  - Simplify the maintainance process of traslated docs publication
  - Need to work with docs and infra team

* Bug management
  - Email bug report to i18n ML when it is submitted

* Transifex closure [Done]

For more information, please see the Etherpad pages.

--
KATO Tomoyuki