[Openstack-i18n] Wrong plural formula for russian

Akihiro Motoki amotoki at gmail.com
Thu Mar 10 18:19:52 UTC 2016

Hi Ilya,

Ah.. sorry. I would like to say PO file.

I found [1] and if it is true now, num plurals in PO file controls the
number of plurals in Zanata,
so I wonder you can fix the problem by yourself.

The following is my investigation result:

I checked some Russian resources on Zanata. The num plurals are:
- 4 for horizon, django-openstack-auth, nova
- 3 for murano-dashboard, sahara-dashboard, magnum

This shows the default value of Zanata looks find.
It seems resources with num plurals == 4 were migrated from Transifex.

As far as I checked, the number of plural in Russian PO file are
changed from 3 to 4 in commit [2].
[2] happens on 4 May 2015. It was an import from Transifex.
I guess num-plurals of Russian horizon translations were overridden
when we imported
Russian translations from Transifex.

Akihiro

[1] https://www.redhat.com/archives/zanata-users/2014-July/msg00023.html