[Openstack-i18n] To language team coordinators: get ready for Mitaka translation

Akihiro Motoki amotoki at gmail.com
Mon Mar 7 00:04:33 UTC 2016

Thanks Alex,

>> * is there any documentation describing this behavior?
>
> Not for po file format. (Sorry for our lack of documentation, we will
> include that in our doc)

No problem. We can gradually improve the documentation :)

>> * can we use this feature for per-language? We are now discussing to
>> add a note per language.
>
> Not by using upload of po/cvs file.
> But if the glossary is created in Zanata (ver 3.8), then we support comment
> per language.

The feature sounds nice. I hope we can leverage the feature soon.

>> * can we have multiple comments per entry?
>
> Not at this stage.
>

>>   If we need a long description, I would like to wrap lines.
>> --
>> #  this will be ignored
>> #. Only this will be stored
>> #. in description field
>> #: this will be ignored
>> #, this will be ignored
>> msgid "RPM"
>> msgstr "alex here"
>> ---
>

> The idea of glossary is normally short sentence(1 or 2 words).
> And ideally it would be short description as well. Our field for description
> is a 1 liner.
> But if there's a request for multiple line support, feel free to let us
> know.

I generally agree with you.
Each entry of glossary is short (1 or 2 words).
Description in my mind can be used, for example, to describe when we
should use some word
and when we should use another work for translation. We would like to
describe the contextual information.

However, I don't think we need to support multiple lines at the moment.
Requirements are too ambiguous.

I just tried to clarify what we can and what cannot.
In the current Japanese glossary, the longest note is around 90 Japanese chars
(one Japanese characters can be counted as almost two ASCII characters).
If we need longer information, we can use URL instead.

thanks,