[OpenStack-I18n] What's Up, Doc? 29 July

Lana Brindley openstack at lanabrindley.com
Fri Jul 29 05:09:08 UTC 2016

Hi everyone,

A fairly quiet week this week, as I've been gradually working my way through old bugs. We're now only ten weeks out from release, so I've also been trying to tidy up some loose ends around the Contributor Guide. We have a couple of specs out for review right now, so if you're looking for some docs work to pick up, try checking these out: https://review.openstack.org/#/q/status:open+project:openstack/docs-specs,n,z

== Progress towards Newton ==

68 days to go!

Bugs closed so far: 339

Newton deliverables: https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Documentation/NewtonDeliverables
Feel free to add more detail and cross things off as they are achieved throughout the release.

== Speciality Team Reports ==

'''HA Guide: Andrew Beekhof'''
Informal discussions about appropriate contents and structure

'''Install Tutorials: Lana Brindley'''
Next meeting: 2 August 0600 UTC

'''Networking Guide: Edgar Magana'''
Guide re-organization patch has been merged: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/345110/

'''Security Guide: Nathaniel Dillon'''
Performing full read-through and bug hunt
Opened 5 new bugs
Currently looking at Neutron chapter
Incoming addition on rate-limiting and anti-DDoS (framework merged tonight (thanks Kato!) and additional details coming)

'''User Guides: Joseph Robinson'''
No report this week.

'''Ops Guide: Shilla Saebi, Darren Chan'''
Weekly Arch Guide working group meeting on Wednesday 20:00 UTC in progress.
Currently drafting the Design chapter and reusing existing content.
Working on getting more enterprise docs uploaded and pushed upstream for ops guide

'''API Guide: Anne Gentle'''
First App tutorial for the Shade SDK now moving out of draft state. Way to go Marcela Bonell and infra people who make this SDK possible.
Thank you to Kato Tomoyuki for deletions of the Image and Networking WADL files in api-site. This ongoing dedication and cleanup is super valuable and much appreciated.

'''Config/CLI Ref: Tomoyuki Kato'''
Reflecting comments from Stackers. Closed a few bugs for Configuration Reference. Working on the common configurations.

'''Training labs: Pranav Salunke, Roger Luethi'''
No report this week.

'''Training Guides: Matjaz Pancur'''
No report this week.

'''Hypervisor Tuning Guide: Blair Bethwaite
No report this week.

'''UX/UI Guidelines: Michael Tullis, Rodrigo Caballero'''
No report this week.

== Site Stats ==

Just under 55% of our mobile visitors are using an Android operating system to access the site, while just under 40% of our mobile visitors are using iOS. A statistically insignificant 0.07% are still using their Blackberries ...

== Doc team meeting ==

Next meetings:

The APAC meeting was held this week, you can read the minutes here: https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Documentation/MeetingLogs#2016-07-27

Next meetings: