[Openstack-i18n] IRC meeting today

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Thu Jan 21 15:35:20 UTC 2016

On 2016-01-21 07:37:39 +0100 (+0100), Frank Kloeker wrote:
> * Current plan midcycle meet up
> * ATC status/Free Access Pass (was discussed in the last meeting in Dec). I
> didn't found any information about the procedure in other teams.
> The only one it's Stefano from the Foundation:
> http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2015-April/062963.html
> I will contact him directly to ask for new requirements in this year.

ATC status (qualifier to vote in PTL and TC elections) as defined in
the bylaws is consistently interpreted by our election officials to
cover any owner of a Gerrit change merged to an official OpenStack
Git repository since the same date of the prior year (so up to a
year before to the election).

Criteria for the 100% discount summit registration codes are decided
by the conference organizers at the OpenStack Foundation each time
based on demand and available space, but for the Newton Summit in
Austin, TX the criteria will be similar to the past couple of
summits: any owner of a Gerrit change merged to an official
OpenStack Git repository on or after Liberty release day (October
15, 2015).

For both of these, any "extra ATCs" approved into the list in the
openstack/governance repo are added to the set. As I understand it,
because Zanata doesn't have an API for querying translator activity
yet, this is the only option open to the I18n team for now. The set
of extra ATCs you added for I18n previously were all set to expire
this month and need to be refreshed anyway. I recommend updating it
(soon, so you'll have your summit discount codes as early as
possible) with something like a list of active translators since two
PTL elections ago, and then refresh it again with any recent
recruits when we get closer to election time.
--
Jeremy Stanley