[Openstack-i18n] What's Up Doc? 12 Feb 2016

Lana Brindley openstack at lanabrindley.com
Fri Feb 12 04:54:38 UTC 2016

Hi everyone,

This week has been all about the Install Guide. We're locating pre-release packages now so we can begin testing in about two weeks' time. Please consider being a tester for this release. Even if you've never done it before, it's a great way to improve your OpenStack knowledge, and the more people we have testing, the better and more accurate our docs will be, which helps everyone. We're also starting to see a little more action in the lead up to the Austin Summit. ATC passes are going out, and the talk sessions are now open for voting: https://www.openstack.org/summit/austin-2016/vote-for-speakers/

== Progress towards Mitaka ==

54 days to go!

389 bugs closed so far for this release.

Docs Testing
* Volunteers required!
* https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Documentation/MitakaDocTesting

RST Conversions
* All planned RST conversions are now complete!

Reorganisations
* Arch Guide: really needs a last minute push to get this complete before Mitaka. If you can help out, it would be greatly appreciated!
** https://blueprints.launchpad.net/openstack-manuals/+spec/archguide-mitaka-reorg
** Contact the Ops Guide Speciality team: https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Documentation/OpsGuide
* User Guides
** https://blueprints.launchpad.net/openstack-manuals/+spec/user-guides-reorganised
** Contact the User Guide Speciality team: https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/User_Guides

DocImpact
* Is now complete

== The Road to Austin ==

* ATC passes are going out now, so keep an eye on your inbox for your discount code if you haven't received yours yet.
* Don't forget to vote on your favourite talks: https://www.openstack.org/summit/austin-2016/vote-for-speakers/

== Speciality Teams ==

'''HA Guide - Bogdan Dobrelya'''
Minor updates to the corosync/pacemaker, rabbitmq clusters setup guides

'''Installation Guide - Christian Berendt'''
Mitaka Installation guide changes spec: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/274231/ Testing beginning, require packages: https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Documentation/MitakaDocTesting

'''Networking Guide - Edgar Magana'''
Move the IRC meeting agenda to etherpad: https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/docnetworkingteam-agenda. Important Commits: DSCP addition to advanced qos guide: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/273638/ Add networking guide to Contributors Section: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/278330/ Last IRC Meeting Notes: http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/meetings/networking_guide/2016/networking_guide.2016-02-04-16.02.log.html

'''Security Guide - Nathaniel Dillon'''
Continuing bugfixes and beginning Networking review (thanks to all Neutron contributors!)

'''User Guides - Joseph Robinson'''
Held First US/EU Meeting, which was 1 and a 1/2 hours before the APAC meeting (Need to reserve the meeting time). Discussed Reorg- High Priority step - moving Dashboard content from the Admin Guide to the Cloud Admin Dashboard Chapter.

'''Ops and Arch Guides - Shilla Saebi'''
Architecture guide reorganization is underway. We have a drafts repo in openstack-manuals, feel free to ping Shilla or Darren Chan if you are interested in helping out. Considering doing a swarm or work session at the summit in Austin for the Arch guide. Operations guide RST migration pending - conversations still happening to see which route we'll take. Still deciding if the ops guide should have another revision or edition, see ML emails.

'''API Docs - Anne Gentle'''
No update this week.

'''Config Ref - Gauvain Pocentek'''
No update this week.

'''Training labs - Pranav Salunke, Roger Luethi'''
We reviewed and merged several patches: bug fixes, refactoring and some code to help with debugging.

'''Training Guides - Matjaz Pancur'''
No update this week.

'''Hypervisor Tuning Guide - Joe Topjian'''
No update this week.

'''UX/UI Docs Guidelines - Linette Williams'''
No update this week.

== Doc team meeting ==

Next meetings:

The APAC meeting was held this week, you can read the minutes here: https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Documentation/MeetingLogs#2016-02-10

Next meetings:
US: Wednesday 17 February, 14:00 UTC
APAC: Wednesday 24 February, 00:30 UTC

Please go ahead and add any agenda items to the meeting page here: https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Meetings/DocTeamMeeting#Agenda_for_next_meeting

Note that there is currently discussion about moving the US meeting to 20:00 UTC. A patch is open to change this, with ongoing discussion about finding a meeting room: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/271361/

- --

Keep on doc'ing!

Lana

https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Documentation/WhatsUpDoc#12_February_2016