[Openstack-i18n] Zanata 3.8 available

Elizabeth K. Joseph lyz at princessleia.com
Wed Feb 10 21:28:11 UTC 2016

On Tue, Feb 9, 2016 at 9:37 PM, Kato, Tomoyuki
<kato.tomoyuki at jp.fujitsu.com> wrote:
>> On 10/02/16 12:19, Carlos Munoz wrote:
>> > Just a heads-up that Zanata 3.8.2 has been released and is ready for
>> > installation (See: https://github.com/zanata/zanata-server/releases).
>> > Please let us know if you want to do the upgrade and need any assistance.
>>
>> I'd love to, but Zanata 3.8 and up requires Java 1.8, and the two
>> machines running Zanata only have Java 1.7 available. Personally, I'm
>> not interesting in back-porting the Java stack yet, when we have a new
>> Ubuntu LTS due out in April which will include it. I was going to make
>> some time next month to test an beta install of 16.04 LTS with Zanata
>> 3.8.x and see what falls off.
>
> IIRC, we will use Zanata 3.9.? around April
> so that we can upgrade Zanata at one time with our requirement features,
> which is mainly needed to integrate with Stackalytics.

The release of Ubuntu 16.04 happens on April 21st, right before the
OpenStack Summit in Austin. After the summit, it will probably take a
few weeks for us to organize and get the translate-dev server upgraded
to the new Ubuntu release with new Java to more formally test Zanata
3.8.x on it (beyond the work that Steve is planning on doing with the
beta 16.04, thanks Steve!).

So depending on how things go, we're probably looking at May or June
for a production Zanata 3.8.x upgrade.