[OpenStack-I18n] Fwd: [openstack-dev] [all][ptl][tc] extra ATCs for newton

Ian Y. Choi ianyrchoi at gmail.com
Sat Aug 13 02:06:03 UTC 2016

Hello Alex,

Alex Eng wrote on 8/13/2016 8:50 AM:

>     Actually I do not know too much on Zanata upgrade details, but
>     IIRC, upgrading to Ubuntu 16.04 (xenial) in openstack-infra was
>     one of obstacles for Zanata upgrade [1].
>

> Yes. It was the blocker for upgrading Zanata and I believe infra team
> is working on it. Just need to get updates from them

Yep! Right, infra team is working. I met Elizabeth on IRC, but
unfortunately she said
"things are not help up, as infra team tries to find time to update our
puppet manifests to support Xenial".

I thought that upgrading to xenial would be easy since some test nodes
(e.g., Jenkins) are with xenial,
but the reality seems to be a little bit harder.
She said long-lived servers (e.g., translate, translate-dev) are not
using the same tooling as test nodes,
and tools (e.g., exim) give errors on xenial when she checked last time.

[1]
http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/irclogs/%23openstack-infra/%23openstack-infra.2016-08-12.log.html#t2016-08-12T15:04:00