[OpenStack-I18n] pot files in git trees?

Andreas Jaeger aj at suse.com
Thu Apr 21 12:17:45 UTC 2016

On 2016-04-21 14:11, Akihiro Motoki wrote:
> One thing to note.
>
> If we have another place where we can view generated POT files,
> I am okay to drop POT files from our git repos.
>
> I don't think it is helpful to dowload POT files from Zanata because
> we need to download them every time we want to check locations of strings.

We generate all POT files when we push to Zanata. As part of that we
could push them to something like
http://tarballs.openstack.org/$project/$branch/$file.pot as well.

Advantage would be that those pot files are the exact same content as in
Zanata - the in-tree is always lagging behind.

Would that make life easier for translators?

Any other ideas? Otherwise, I'm fine with keeping status quo if that's
the best solution ;)

Andreas
       HRB 21284 (AG Nürnberg)