[Openstack-i18n] Would like Zanata branch to correct 1494819

Ying Chun Guo guoyingc at cn.ibm.com
Tue Sep 22 05:49:55 UTC 2015

Hi, Doug

We need to consider it carefully.

After working with Zanata dev team, I got to understand:

1. Zanata has its own plural forms. If po file has its own plural form,
Zanata will use that.
Otherwise, Zanata will use its own plural form. Pluralforms in Zanata:
nplurals=3; plural=(n%10==1 && n%100!=11 ? 0 : n%10>=2 && n%10<=4 &&
(n%100<10 || n%100>=20) ? 1 : 2).
So it looks like that OpenStack po files overrode the pluralforms in
Zanata.

2. Zanata currently don't allow update of plural forms once the document
has been uploaded to Zanata.
Even with deletion of that source document and re-upload (in the same
project-version, same doc name and same path),
Zanata will still reuse the old pluralform.

3. If we want to update the pluralforms, we will need to do it in new
project-version
(don't use copy-from previous version function).

I think we need to carefully design the steps to change pluralforms of
Russian.
At first, I want to confirm with you, are you sure this issue is caused by
plural forms?

Best regards
Ying Chun Guo (Daisy)

http://localization-guide.readthedocs.org/en/latest/l10n/pluralforms.html