[Openstack-i18n] Zanata, message to the team

Ying Chun Guo guoyingc at cn.ibm.com
Fri Sep 18 08:21:31 UTC 2015

It has been discussed before, using i18n mailing list with a prefix in the
email title
as language teams communication method.
I think it turned out that translation teams don't like it.
I agree it's better to have a feature inside Zanata

Best regards
Ying Chun Guo (Daisy)

Robert Simai <robert.simai at suse.com> wrote on 09/18/2015 03:14:56 PM:

> [...]

> or interesting
>
> - they will all have to setup proper email filtering and it needs
> discipline for the poster to stick to that. You'd probably need two
> tags, one for the project and one for the language
>
> - we can't use the local language to discuss language specific stuff but

> need to stick to English
>
> And there may be a few more. These however were my thoughts why I
> (still) think it should rather be a Zanata feature as there we have
> user/team information and could easily target messages to relevant
people.

> --
> Thanks,
>     Robert
>

> On Thu Sep 17 2015 14:58:39 GMT+0200 (CEST) drfish at us.ibm.com wrote:

> > openstack-dev lists multiple teams use it and we just include
[horizon]
> > or [keystone] or similar as appropriate to help sort out messages to
> > interested parties.
> >
> > The nice thing about this is that it makes the discussion open to
others
> > who might take interest periodically.
> >
> > Doug
> >

> > Robert Simai <robert.simai at suse.com> wrote on 09/17/2015 03:32:30 AM:
> >
> >  > From: Robert Simai <robert.simai at suse.com>
> >  > To: Ying Chun Guo <guoyingc at cn.ibm.com>,
> > openstack-i18n at lists.openstack.org
> >  > Date: 09/17/2015 03:33 AM
> >  > Subject: Re: [Openstack-i18n] Zanata, message to the team
> >  >
> >  > Hi Daisy,
> >  >
> >  > On Thu Sep 17 2015 09:04:33 GMT+0200 (CEST) guoyingc at cn.ibm.com
wrote:
> >  >
> >  > > Hi, Rob
> >  > >
> >  > > I didn't find the method to message team either.
> >  > > I just find an instance messaging method to communicate with
people who
> >  > > are translating the same document.
> >  >
> >  > Yes, but that clearly has another purpose.
> >  >
> >  > > I think you might use email to talk with your team members.
> >  > > I know it's not good.
> >  >
> >  > Frankly, it's less than not good as it means I (and whoever wants
to do
> >  > this) need to setup and maintain my own email distribution list all
> >  > manually.
> >  >
> >  > > We could discuss how to add more communication ways.
> >  > > Either ask Zanata to provide a feature, or we use a communicate
method
> >  > > on top of openstack infra.
> >  >
> >  > Well, I don't mind how it's done but would greatly appreciate if
there's
> >  > some easy way to send notifications to the specific language team.
It
http://lists.openstack.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/openstack-i18n