[Openstack-i18n] Arabic Script mixed with Gurmukhi Script in Translation Memory

ਅਨਪੜ੍ਹ ਜਿਮੀਂਦਾਰ jimidar at gmail.com
Wed Sep 16 20:06:37 UTC 2015

On Wednesday, September 16, 2015, Ying Chun Guo <guoyingc at cn.ibm.com> wrote:

> Amand,

Aman or Amandeep

> I guess it is not because any issues during the migration.
> If you look into the Punjabi translations of Liberty - Dashboard
> Translations in Transifex,
> you will see there are two scripts in the translation.
> I think the problem happened when we were still using Transifex.
> Some translators might input the wrong translations.

Then the question is how? As all translators in my team are my known ones
and are Gurmukhi script translators. So how come one from shahmukhi
team, which is not managed by me, inputed the wrong translations?

> Such as:
>
> #: api/ceilometer.py:1107
> msgid "Creation requests for this router"
> msgstr "ਇਸ ਰਾਊਟਰ ਲਈ ਬਣਾਉਣ ਬੇਨਤੀਆਂ"
>
> #: api/ceilometer.py:1111
> msgid "Update requests for this router"
> msgstr "ਇਸ ਰਾਊਟਰ ਲਈ ਬੇਨਤੀਆਂ ਨੂੰ ਅਪਡੇਟ ਕਰੋ"
>
> #: api/ceilometer.py:1119
> msgid "Creation requests for this floating ip"
> msgstr "اس فلاؤٹینگ ip کے لئے تعمیر کی درخواست"
>
> #: api/ceilometer.py:1123
> msgid "Update requests for this floating ip"
> msgstr "اس فلاؤٹینگ ip کے لئے اپ ڈیٹ کی درخواست"
>

> So whatever has happened, has happened. Now how can we do the damage
control?
Another thing is while selecting language codes, we talked about changing
pa-IN to pa-Guru. So if it can be done it will be great thing. As it
liberates the identity of language from a country and associates it to
script which is very beneficial.
Please help in this regard by changing the pa-IN to pa-Guru
Thanks
Aman

Best regards