[Openstack-i18n] What Up, Doc? 11 September, 2015

Lana Brindley openstack at lanabrindley.com
Mon Sep 14 04:14:48 UTC 2015

Hi everyone,

Things are really starting to heat up now! Summit preparations are well
underway, PTL elections just opened, and testing is proceeding apace on
the Install Guide. As well as preparing my candidacy for Mitaka Docs
PTL, I've been continuing to sort out the outstanding blueprints, and
also planning for some announcements in Tokyo. One of the interesting
things I learned while compiling a list of Liberty achievements is that
we have released fixes for nearly 500 bugs since Kilo was released. What
an amazing achievement!

== Progress towards Liberty ==

33 days to go

496 bugs closed so far.

* RST conversion:
** Done.

* User Guides information architecture overhaul
** This is now well underway.

* Greater focus on helping out devs with docs in their repo
** A certain amount of progress has been made here, and some wrinkles
sorted out which will improve this process for the future.

* Improve how we communicate with and support our corporate contributors
** I'm still trying to come up with great ideas for this, please let me
know what you think.

* Improve communication with Docs Liaisons
** I'm very pleased to see liaisons getting more involved in our bugs
and reviews. Keep up the good work!

* Clearing out old bugs
** We've had some solid progress on last week's bugs, with two assigned,
and one of those in progress. Three new bugs this week.

== Mitaka Summit Prep ==

The schedule has now been released, congratulations to everyone who had
a talk accepted this time around:
https://www.openstack.org/summit/tokyo-2015/schedule/

All ATCs should have received their pass by now, so now is the time to
be booking your travel and accommodation:
https://www.openstack.org/summit/tokyo-2015/tokyo-and-travel/

Docs have been given their design summit session allocation, so start
thinking about what you would like to see discussed. I'll send out an
etherpad to start planning in the next week or two.

== Conventions ==

A new governance patch has landed which changes the way we capitalise
service names (I know almost exactly 50% of you will be happy about
this!):
https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Documentation/Conventions#Service_and_pr
oject_names
Please be aware of this when editing files, and remember that the
'source of truth' for these things is the projects.yaml file:
http://git.openstack.org/cgit/openstack/governance/tree/reference/projec
ts.yaml

== Doc team meeting ==

The US meeting was held this week. The minutes are here:
https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Documentation/MeetingLogs#2015-09-09

The next meetings are:
APAC: Wednesday 16 September, 00:30:00 UTC
US: Wednesday 23 September, 14:00:00 UTC

Please go ahead and add any agenda items to the meeting page here:
https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Meetings/DocTeamMeeting#Agenda_for_next_
meeting

== Spotlight bugs for this week ==

Let's show these three how much we care:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/openstack-manuals/+bug/1284301 Document
Neutron SSL-VPN for cloudadmin

https://bugs.launchpad.net/openstack-manuals/+bug/1288044 Add user
defined extra capabilities

https://bugs.launchpad.net/openstack-manuals/+bug/1292327 Make cors work
better

- --

Remember, if you have content you would like to add to this newsletter,
or you would like to be added to the distribution list, please email me
directly at openstack at lanabrindley.com, or visit:
https://wiki.openstack.org/w/index.php?title=Documentation/WhatsUpDoc

Keep on doc'ing!

Lana