[Openstack-i18n] Migration to Zanata will start at 00:00UTC September 9th

Elizabeth K. Joseph lyz at princessleia.com
Wed Sep 9 06:51:04 UTC 2015

On Tue, Sep 8, 2015 at 3:30 PM, Ying Chun Guo <guoyingc at cn.ibm.com> wrote:
> Hello, team
>
> I'm so excited that the migration to Zanata finally comes, officially.
> It will start at 00:00UTC Sep 9th, (~2 hour from now).
> Please STOP your translations on Transifex now, till infrastructure team
> makes the announcement that migration is completely done.
> Or else, it could cause problems and your work will be lost.
>
> Translations from September 8th UTC time will be included in the
> migration. When the switch is made, pushing to and pulling from Transifex
> will be stopped. Please NOTICE: Translations made in Transifex after
> September 8th UTC  will NO LONGER be submitted to OpenStack.
>
> All the users information and teams information in
> translate-dev.openstack.org
> will be included in the migration too.
> Please STOP the registration and adding team members in
> translate-dev.openstack.org.
> When migration is done, you could use the official website:
> translate.openstack.org.
>
> Hope everything runs well.
> Thank you for your corporation.

The migration was started tonight and we spent several hours working
around some issues between the systems to get all the translations
imported. There were a number of "special" rules for some projects and
interesting things we only discovered upon migration.

The good news is that Daisy had a look at Horizon and it should be all
ready to go! You probably want to focus your efforts here while we
work on some problems with some of the other projects.

We have known problems with the following, please don't do
translations in these until we've confirmed that we've fixed them or
your translations may be lost:

nova (still investigating)
openstack-manuals (fix is in the works)
operations-guide (fix is in the works)

I think we identified them all, but if you find any other projects
that are missing significant chunks of translations, please let us
know by emailing this thread and we'll take a look at it. Don't do
further translations on it until you hear from us, because again they
may be lost.

Thanks everyone.