[Openstack-i18n] Approved & rejected translations after versions merging

Akihiro Motoki amotoki at gmail.com
Thu Oct 8 16:49:22 UTC 2015

During checking "ceilometer" Japanese translation, I found another issue.
I noticed some rejected strings in the master branch is overridden by
old translation in stable-liberty
and the status was reset to "Translated". I suspect it is a
side-effect of merging stable-liberty.

https://translate.openstack.org/webtrans/translate?project=ceilometer&iteration=master&localeId=ja&locale=ja#view:doc;doc:ceilometer
resource ID 93fc08cfc55420bbf5e5b340296a3905 is an example.

The detail situation is as follows.
- The string was copied from ibm-translation-for-review to master
branch at Sep 21.
- It was also copied to stable-liberty branch when stable-liberty was created.
- On Sep 27, I change the string in the master branch by using
"Project-wide search and replace".
  (Note that changes in "Project-wide search and replace" are not
recorded as "Translated"
  and they are recorded as "Rejected" for new strings)
- On Oct 08, the string was overridden by the from stable-liberty branch

Apparently the string in the master branch is newer than the
corresponding string in stable-liberty branch.
I wonder why it was overridden.

The following are the history both in master and stable-liberty branches.

In master branch, (a lower one is older)

- Tom Cocozzello created a Translated revision
  パイプライン %(pipeline)s: パラメーター %(param)s を使用して変換プログラム・インスタンス %(name)s をセットアップします
  08/10/15 22:17  Revision 3
  Merge version: translation copied from project 'ceilometer', version
'stable-liberty', document 'ceilometer', author 'Tom Cocozzello'
- Akihiro Motoki created a Rejected revision
  パイプライン %(pipeline)s: パラメーター %(param)s を使用して変換プログラムインスタンス %(name)s をセットアップします
  27/09/15 23:50
- Mie Yamamoto created a Rejected revision
  パイプライン %(pipeline)s: パラメーター %(param)s を使用して変換プログラム・インスタンス %(name)s をセットアップします
  27/09/15 09:30
- Mie Yamamoto left a comment
  中黒(・)は使用しない
  27/09/15 09:30
- Tom Cocozzello created a Translated revision
  パイプライン %(pipeline)s: パラメーター %(param)s を使用して変換プログラム・インスタンス %(name)s をセットアップします
  21/09/15 22:27
  Copy translation: translation copied from project 'ceilometer',
version 'ibm-translation-for-review', document 'ceilometer', author
'Tom Cocozzello'

In stable-liberty branch, only one history.

- Tom Cocozzello created a Translated revision
  パイプライン %(pipeline)s: パラメーター %(param)s を使用して変換プログラム・インスタンス %(name)s をセットアップします
  21/09/15 22:27  Revision 1
  Copy version: translation copied from project 'ceilometer', version