[Openstack-i18n] What's Up, Doc? 6 November 2015

Lana Brindley openstack at lanabrindley.com
Fri Nov 6 04:35:31 UTC 2015

Hi everyone,

Wow! What a great Summit! And isn't Tokyo a truly beautiful and amazing city? Thank you so much to the Japanese Stackers who hosted us, and to everyone who came along to the docs sessions and helped us hammer out a great plan for Mitaka. I'm very excited about this release!

This week, I've been catching up with everything that happened during Summit, and also working on outreach tasks. Today, I recorded an interview with Foundation about the project, and I've also published a blog post on the same topic, which will be published soon. You might also like to check out the Superuser interview Anne and I did about the docs while we were in Tokyo: http://superuser.openstack.org/articles/openstack-documentation-why-it-s-important-and-how-you-can-contribute

== Progress towards Mitaka ==

152 days to go!

77 bugs closed so far for this release.

API Docs
* The API docs are will be switched to swagger: http://specs.openstack.org/openstack/docs-specs/specs/liberty/api-site.html

DocImpact
* I've removed the WIP from this blueprint, and will be working on this from next week: https://blueprints.launchpad.net/openstack-manuals/+spec/review-docimpact

RST Conversions
* Arch Guide
** https://blueprints.launchpad.net/openstack-manuals/+spec/archguide-mitaka-rst
** Contact the Ops Guide Speciality team: https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Documentation/OpsGuide
* Ops Guide
** https://blueprints.launchpad.net/openstack-manuals/+spec/ops-guide-rst
** Lana will reach out to O'Reilly to discuss the printed book before this work begins
* Config Ref
** Thanks for all the offers of help on this one! Please contact the Config Ref Speciality team: https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Documentation/ConfigRef

Reorganisations
* Arch Guide
** https://blueprints.launchpad.net/openstack-manuals/+spec/archguide-mitaka-reorg
** Contact the Ops Guide Speciality team: https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Documentation/OpsGuide
* User Guides
** https://blueprints.launchpad.net/openstack-manuals/+spec/user-guides-reorganised
** Contact the User Guide Speciality team: https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/User_Guides

Training
* Labs
** https://blueprints.launchpad.net/openstack-manuals/+spec/training-labs
* Guides
** Upstream University & 'core' component updates, EOL Upstream Wiki page.

Document openstack-doc-tools
* Need volunteers for this!

Reorganise index page
* The API docs have already moved off the front page
* We need volunteers to look at the organisation of this page and to write one-sentence summaries of each book

== Doc team meeting ==

Meetings will kick off again next week with the APAC meeting:

APAC: Wednesday 11 November, 00:30:00 UTC
US: Wednesday 18 November, 14:00 UTC

Please go ahead and add any agenda items to the meeting page here: https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Meetings/DocTeamMeeting#Agenda_for_next_meeting

- --

Keep on doc'ing!