[Openstack-i18n] mark as read-only policy

Akihiro Motoki amotoki at gmail.com
Sun Nov 1 11:05:25 UTC 2015

>>> Other projects should be in the same position.
>>>
>>> Did you decide in Tokyo on the "New proposal"
>>> https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Translations/Infrastructure#New_proposal
>>> ? That one basically says that we keep both branches open for half a
>>> year as you noticed.
>>>
>>> We can refine the proposal...
>>

>> I might misunderstand something on the sessions at Tokyo Summit...
>> Waiting Daisy's response.
>

> Sure - please let's write up what we do in such a way that we're all on
> the same page.

+1

>> By the way, I will propose that we keep stable branches open
>> for openstack-manuals to translate and publish install guides and
>> configuration guide. Basically, we need translate install guides at
>> stable branches after cutting stable branch.
>
> Yes, as agreed.

openstack-manuals and other projects have a bit different situations
and it is better to discuss them separately.
openstack-manuals has a lot of documentations (i.e. translation resources)
and only some of them need stable branches.

One idea is to allow to mark read-only per resource in Zanata,
As discussed in Tokyo, it is a possible feature enhancement in Zanata side,
but it is not supported at the moment.

>> As you know, install guide at master branch is used for next release.
>> This needs remove the unnecessary pot files so that translators
>> do not translate the unused resources such as user guides.
>> So I will create a blueprint to openstack-manuals.
>> There may be other solutions.
>

> Just adding "skip" to doc-tools-check-languages.conf should do the trick
> - please test this.
>
> Yes, we should document here as well was we do and a blueprint is a good
> idea.

Honestly I am not sure which approach works for us.
We need to test.