[Openstack-i18n] mark as read-only policy

KATO Tomoyuki tomo at dream.daynight.jp
Sun Nov 1 07:21:53 UTC 2015

> On 11/01/2015 06:01 AM, KATO Tomoyuki wrote:
> > Hi Daisy,
> >
> > Today, I found some projects are translable at
> > both master and stable-liberty branch.
> > In my understand, only one branch should be translable.
> >
> > Just a example,I do not check all projects.
> >
> > * ironic
> > * ceilometer
>
> Other projects should be in the same position.
>
> Did you decide in Tokyo on the "New proposal"
> https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Translations/Infrastructure#New_proposal
> ? That one basically says that we keep both branches open for half a
> year as you noticed.
>
> We can refine the proposal...

I might misunderstand something on the sessions at Tokyo Summit...
Waiting Daisy's response.

By the way, I will propose that we keep stable branches open
for openstack-manuals to translate and publish install guides and
configuration guide. Basically, we need translate install guides at
stable branches after cutting stable branch.
As you know, install guide at master branch is used for next release.
This needs remove the unnecessary pot files so that translators
do not translate the unused resources such as user guides.
So I will create a blueprint to openstack-manuals.
There may be other solutions.

Thanks,
KATO Tomoyuki