[Openstack-i18n] Horizon translation for Kilo starts !

Ying Chun Guo guoyingc at cn.ibm.com
Thu Mar 19 08:00:27 UTC 2015

Hello, all

As OpenStack Kilo development draws to a close, it's time for
our translators to start one of our major works:
translating OpenStack Dashboard into multiple languages.

Till now, around 558 new strings are added since Juno to Kilo.
The official date of Kilo release is April 30. We'd better to
finish the translations before April 20, in order to reserve
enough times to merge the translations into the final release.

I did a check of the translation website:
https://www.transifex.com/projects/p/horizon/
The translations of following languages have been completed more than a
half.
Their translations are most likely completed by April 20.
They are:

Korean (Korea) 	55 strings left
Japanese 	316 strings left
German 	487 strings left
Chinese (China) 	558 strings left
French 	       558 strings left
Portuguese (Brazil) 	558 strings left
Spanish              558 strings left
Kannada             747 strings left
Russian 	      767 strings left
Chinese (Taiwan) 	830 strings left
Polish (Poland) 	870 strings left
Hindi 	              1068 strings left
Czech 	              1355 strings left
Dutch (Netherlands) 	1420 strings left
Serbian             1433 strings left

The contributions to other languages are welcomed too.
There is still 1 month left. The strings in total is around 3300.
If several friends/colleagues work together, it's very possible to complete

The resources of Kilo release in Transifex are:

Kilo - Horizon Java Script Translations (133 strings in total)
https://www.transifex.com/projects/p/horizon/resource/horizon-js-translations/
Kilo - Horizon Translations (104 strings in total)
https://www.transifex.com/projects/p/horizon/resource/horizon-translations/
Kilo - OpenStack Dashboard Translations (3141 strings in total)
https://www.transifex.com/projects/p/horizon/resource/openstack-dashboard-translations/

Please join this most valuable and high priority work.
Let's work together to help OpenStack dashboard speak multiple langauges !

Thank you and best regards