[Openstack-i18n] OpenStack interface in Indian languages

chandrakant dhutadmal cpdhutadmal at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 6 17:00:48 UTC 2015

Hello All.
Ok. Let me clarify this. C-DAC as an organization has undertaken localization of various softwares with the help of freelancers/ in-house translators. This has been done in a non-community driven way. I should also let you all know that getting people on-board for languages like Bodo, Sindhi, Santali, Dogri, etc is very very difficult as its difficult to find many of them in India/ World.
As Sankarshan assumes and by now he knows that, I am more into providing help and mentorship to people who are the actual translators. I made this thing clear to other project lists also.
I personally feel, upstream contributions to the project are more important than the mechanism of generating the contributed resources. Also, when someone as an individual or organization does the contribution, it is within the bounds of the project (accepting whatever licences/ terms and conditions of the project are)
It should be safely assumed by the group that once there are other people / organizations who wants to contribute to the project, I will be concentrating on my native language i.e Marathi and handover my rights to the new team.

Lastly, I will also try to ask the actual members to join the mailing list and introduce themselves. Please feel free to provide your inputs on this subject matter.

Regards,Chandrakant Dhutadmal.

     On Friday, March 6, 2015 10:41 AM, Tom Fifield <tom at openstack.org> wrote:

 On 04/03/15 15:17, Sankarshan Mukhopadhyay wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 2, 2015 at 3:29 PM, Tom Fifield <tom at openstack.org> wrote:
>> I have created the following languages and made you a coordinator:
>> Assamese, Bodo, Gujarati, Kashmiri, Maithili, Sindhi .
>
> At some point it would be nice to have the contributors for these
> languages introducing themselves. My assumption is that Chandrakant is
> providing leadership and mentoring to a group who would be the actual
> contributors sustaining and maintaining the UI translations across the
> releases.

Indeed, that was my assumption as well. It would be nice to meet the
people and allow them to have a profile and feel like rewarded members
of our community too :)