[Openstack-i18n] [OpenStack-docs] [ha-guide] RST or Docbook?

Anne Gentle annegentle at justwriteclick.com
Mon Mar 2 13:42:41 UTC 2015

On Mon, Mar 2, 2015 at 2:26 AM, Daisy Guo <daisy.ycguo at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello, Anne
>
> Sorry for the late response. I was just back from a long vacation.

Hope you had a great time! No worries on the timing, just wanted to make
sure you knew the End User Guide files are ready.

> I have generated translated documents from RST files, by manually running
> RST/Sphinx tools.
> The existing translation toolchain/scripts need to be changed in order to
> adapt this change.

Thanks for researching it! I hope it can be automated.

> Do you want the the toolchain ready before you publish the change?

Ideally, yes, we can switch the toolchain per book. The End User Guide
files are completely migrated, and the Admin User Guide files can be done
soon.

Does per-book toolchain sound like a possibility? Can the process be
automated?
Thanks for the research spike.
Anne

> Daisy

>> On Thu, Feb 26, 2015 at 3:38 PM, Nick Chase <nchase at mirantis.com> wrote:
>>
>>> We decided we'd take this to the mailing list, for obvious reasons.
>>>
>>> I vote RST.  We do have a good bit of existing material, but it could
>>> easily be converted to RST, and I know how to set it up, now that I've done
>>> the Networking Guide. :)
>>>
>>> That said, where are we on the translation status?
>>>

>> I emailed Daisy earlier this week but haven't seen a reply (hopefully
>> haven't just missed it.)
>>
>> Anyone else on the i18n list know where we are with testing RST/Sphinx
>> and the translation toolchain?
>>
>> Anne
>>

>>> Thanks...
>>>
>>> ----  Nick