[Openstack-i18n] Fwd: [openstack-dev] [horizon][i18n] Ordering of PO files

Tom Fifield tom at openstack.org
Tue Jun 9 03:17:04 UTC 2015

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: 	[openstack-dev] [horizon][i18n] Ordering of PO files
Date: 	Mon, 8 Jun 2015 17:28:39 -0600
From: 	Thai Q Tran <tqtran at us.ibm.com>
<openstack-dev at lists.openstack.org>

Hi folks,

In the midst of shifting to angular, we are making use of babel for
extracting messages. This would then allow us to write a custom
extractor for angular templates.

Here's the patch that compare PO files:
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/189502/
It looks worse than reality, if you compare the django vs babel
makemessages, they are nearly identical, only the ordering is different.

Which leads me to my next point. If the ordering of the translatable
strings are not the same, how does that affect translation (if at all)?