[Openstack-i18n] Zanata? New translation platform for Kilo?

Elizabeth K. Joseph lyz at princessleia.com
Sun Jan 18 17:41:20 UTC 2015

On Sun, Jan 18, 2015 at 4:20 AM, Akihiro Motoki <amotoki at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I see there are some discussion related to Zanata in the last IRC meeting.
> I have a question on the status of the transition to the new
> translation platform.
>
> When will the new platform be available to all translators?
> Do we migrate our translation platform to the new one in Kilo?

The short answer: I don't know. We have a lot of work to do before the
move and we're only at the beginning. See the spec here:
http://specs.openstack.org/openstack-infra/infra-specs/specs/migrate_to_zanata.html

We're currently working on the Puppet modules to bring up an instance
in the OpenStack Infrastructure, but there's still all the tooling
around it to write once we have that going so we have feature parity
with the current system.

Once we have something for the translations team to help with I'll be
in touch here on list.

> If so, IMO we need to migrate to the new one and clarify
> its basic workflow until Kilo-3 is released.
> Many translations are done by volunteers who are not backed by companies,
> so we need to provide enough time for them to learn new workflows.

Great feedback. On the infra side we certainly won't push this until
the team is ready and communication will continue throughout our
progress.