[Openstack-i18n] Transifex

Ian Y. Choi ianyrchoi at gmail.com
Thu Dec 17 07:51:43 UTC 2015

Hello Daisy,

Thank you so much for your kind explanation.

I agree that all of translation data are successfully moved to Zanata,
and I have no objection to remove current Transifex not to be confused
for OpenStack translation contributor candidates.

I just worried that some guys might want to see previous Transifex
history: who contributed
to OpenStack translations later, since, the author of translation
results from Transifex
to Zanata is "OpenStack Infra", not actual translators, as far as I know.
However, I also think that it is very difficult to keep all the history
to public.

For my OpenStack translation stuff, I do not need Transifex any more.
So if other translators also do not need to see to track previous
translators in Transifex, then
there is no more additional reason to remove Transifex except querying
statistics.

And one more idea: although some previous translators are not regarded
as ATC, I think it would be much better
to mention their Transifex ID (at least) to acknowledge their previous
contribution or credit on somewhere, such as OpenStack wiki.

Let's discuss on today IRC meeting :)