[Openstack-i18n] How do we manage glossary?

Akihiro Motoki amotoki at gmail.com
Tue Dec 1 18:29:44 UTC 2015

Hi team,

Recently we added the glossary to the i18n repo [1].
I wonder how we can manage the glossary and am sending this mail.
The glossary can be referred to in Zanata, so it would be useful.

Mainly I have two questions.

The first point is what is the expected process to manage the glossary.
How can we update the glossary?
When is it uploaded to Zanata for translations?

The second point is how we can have the context.
I think the second point is also important.
Each entry in our glossary has some background, for example
why we reach the current consensus.
This kind of context is important to discuss for further improvements.

I updated the glossary for Japanese translation last week
and I added various description about backgrounds of the glossary.
I feel it is important to keep the context.
How can we manage the context?

I don't have a good idea now.
I would like to raise these questions for broader discussion.

[1] http://git.openstack.org/cgit/openstack/i18n/tree/i18n