[Openstack-i18n] [OpenStack-Infra] Final plans before translations switch to Zanata

Ying Chun Guo guoyingc at cn.ibm.com
Fri Aug 28 07:28:02 UTC 2015

I copied the language list exactly from Transifex, including language
teams which have made any progress in translations.
I don't suggest to make renaming.
Because the names of the language teams will be the folder names in repo
after uploading translations to Git repo.
If we make renaming here, there will be a new folder added, other than
overwriting the existing one.
There will be two folders for these renaming languages, for example,
folder "bg" and folder "bg-BG".

Best regards
Ying Chun Guo (Daisy)

Andreas Jaeger <aj at suse.com> wrote on 08/28/2015 01:48:25 AM:

> From: Andreas Jaeger <aj at suse.com>
> To: "Elizabeth K. Joseph" <lyz at princessleia.com>
> Cc: "openstack-i18n at lists.openstack.org" <openstack-
> i18n at lists.openstack.org>, OpenStack Infra <openstack-
> infra at lists.openstack.org>
> Date: 08/28/2015 01:53 AM
> Subject: Re: [OpenStack-Infra] [Openstack-i18n] Final plans before
> translations switch to Zanata
>
> On 08/27/2015 06:10 PM, Elizabeth K. Joseph wrote:
> > On Thu, Aug 27, 2015 at 3:17 AM, Andreas Jaeger <aj at suse.com> wrote:
> >> Could we also revise languages and language codes?
> >>
> >> I think we should prefer Country-independent languages over country
ones.

> >> So, we should prefer German ("de") over German in Germany ("de_DE")
and
> [...]
> > StevenK and Daisy came up with the following list, which seems to go
> > by what you suggest:
> >
> > ar
> > as
> > bg-BG
>
> Rename to bg?
>
> > bn-IN
>
> Rename to bn?
>
> > brx
> > ca
> > cs
> > de
> > el
> > en-AU
> > en-GB
> > es
> > es-MX
> > fi-FI
>
> Rename to fi?
>
> > fil
> > fr
> > gu
> > he
> > hi
> > hu
> > id
> > it
> > ja
> > ka-GE
>
> Rename to ka?
>
> > kn
> > ko-KR
>
> Can we rename to ko, please?
>
> > kok
> > ks
> > mai
> > mni
> > mr
> > ne
> > nl-NL
>
> Rename to nl?
>
> > pa-IN
>
> Rename to pa?
>
> > pl-PL
>
> Can we rename the above to pl, please?
>
> > pt
> > pt-BR
> > ru
> > sl-SI
>
> Rename to sl?
>
> > sr
> > ta
> > te-IN
>
> Rename to te?
>
> > tr-TR
>
> Rename to tr?
>
> > ur
> > vi-VN
>
> Rename to vi?
>
> > zh-CN
> > zh-TW
> >
> > Copied from this pastebin that StevenK shared last night, in case it
> > expires: http://paste.openstack.org/show/429137/
> >

> Background: We get *lots* of request on transifex for new languages, for

> example today for pl. There's right now no reason to have both pl and
> pl-PL. I'd like us to standardize here...
>
> Andreas
> --
>   Andreas Jaeger aj@{suse.com,opensuse.org} Twitter/Identica: jaegerandi
>    SUSE LINUX GmbH, Maxfeldstr. 5, 90409 Nürnberg, Germany
>     GF: Felix Imendörffer, Jane Smithard, Graham Norton,
>         HRB 21284 (AG Nürnberg)
>      GPG fingerprint = 93A3 365E CE47 B889 DF7F  FED1 389A 563C C272
A126