[Openstack-i18n] Zanata trial starts ! Please register and try - requirements before production

Elizabeth K. Joseph lyz at princessleia.com
Fri Aug 21 01:41:50 UTC 2015

On Mon, Aug 10, 2015 at 2:43 AM, Ying Chun Guo <guoyingc at cn.ibm.com> wrote:
> Hi, Elizabeth
>
> I reviewed the feedback in Etherpad together with the team last week, and
> got two requirements before going into production.

I'm back from my travels! Thanks for putting this together, I also
reviewed meeting logs.

While I was gone, Clark was able to upgrade Zanata to the latest
version (thanks Clark!). It introduced a language code change that
Steve has been able to address (change merged today).

Aside from what is mentioned in this email, currently on our plate
before we go into production, since it's easier to fix now rather than
after we go into production:

1. Upgrade to the newer Java Application Server, Wildfly 9 (we're on 8.1)
2. Make the Puppet-based installation less brittle

Once this is done, we'll deploy a new translate-dev.openstack.org in
anticipation for launching the actual translate.openstack.org, to make
sure it all looks good.

I'll be spending most of my time tomorrow and over the next week
making sure this all gets done. I have a bit more travel coming up,
but I'll be available between planes/cars and my aim is to have a
production ready translate.openstack.org ready at the latest for the
week of September 7th.

> 1. Language codes
<snip>
> I have written down the list of language codes in Transfiex which have any
> progress in the trail feedback page. [2]

Thanks for this list, Steve is now the most familiar with all of this
and is currently looking into it.

We'll give you a link to the updated translate-dev server once it's
ready so you can review the list once we're finished with this work.

> 2. Session time
>
> It looks like the session time of Zanata is much shorter than in Transfiex.
> Carlos said there was a way to config a longer session time.
> Is it possible to make it happen before we go to production?

I spoke with Carlos about this today. He's looking into the options
and we'll do our best to make this happen before we go into
production, I know how annoying the short timeout is.

Please let me know if there is anything else that needs to be looked at.