[Openstack-i18n] Zanata trial starts ! Please register and try - requirements before production

Ying Chun Guo guoyingc at cn.ibm.com
Mon Aug 10 09:43:19 UTC 2015

Hi, Elizabeth

I reviewed the feedback in Etherpad together with the team last week, and
got two requirements before going into production.

1. Language codes

In Transifex, there are 44 languages which have progress.
Some of the language codes only contain language codes, the others contain
language codes plus locale codes.
The language code format in Transifex is language codes ( in small case )
+ underline ("_") + locale codes ( in big case ), for example, ko_KR.
The language code format in Zanata is language codes ( in small case ) +
hyphen ("-") + locale codes ( in small case ), for example, ko-kr.
I don't know if the different format will cause issues because language
codes are the folder names in OpenStack git repo.
Refer to Horizon repo [1].
Please help to verify that.

Besides the format differences, I also notice some languages are missed in
Zanata.
They are: bg_BG, gu, ks, kok, mai, mni, mr, pa_IN, ta, ur. These languages
should be added.
And in Zanata, there are some languages which should be removed from
Zanata.
They are: bn, nl, en-au, en-Au, en-aU, en-gb, fi, ko, pl-P, pl-p, pt-B,
sl-, te.

Considering the format differences and the language lists differences,
I suggest that we update the database to configure the language codes just
same as Transifex.
And then export all the translations of these languages into Zanata.

I have written down the list of language codes in Transfiex which have any
progress in the trail feedback page. [2]

2. Session time

It looks like the session time of Zanata is much shorter than in
Transfiex.
Carlos said there was a way to config a longer session time.
Is it possible to make it happen before we go to production?

Please let me know your thoughts if these requirements look reasonable.
Thank you.

Best regards
Ying Chun Guo (Daisy)

[1] http://git.openstack.org/cgit/openstack/horizon/tree/horizon/locale