[Openstack-i18n] ATC candidates listing - call for coodinators' action

Akihiro Motoki amotoki at gmail.com
Tue Aug 4 12:38:50 UTC 2015

Thanks Daisy,

2015年8月4日火曜日、Ying Chun Guo<guoyingc at cn.ibm.com>さんは書きました:

> Akihiro Motoki <amotoki at gmail.com
> <javascript:_e(%7B%7D,'cvml','amotoki at gmail.com');>> wrote on 08/03/2015
> 06:01:10 PM:
>
> > From: Akihiro Motoki <amotoki at gmail.com
> <javascript:_e(%7B%7D,'cvml','amotoki at gmail.com');>>
> > To: Ying Chun Guo/China/IBM at IBMCN
> > Cc: Jeremy Stanley <fungi at yuggoth.org
> <javascript:_e(%7B%7D,'cvml','fungi at yuggoth.org');>>, "openstack-
> > i18n at lists.openstack.org
> <javascript:_e(%7B%7D,'cvml','i18n at lists.openstack.org');>" <
> openstack-i18n at lists.openstack.org
> <javascript:_e(%7B%7D,'cvml','openstack-i18n at lists.openstack.org');>>
> > Date: 08/03/2015 06:01 PM
> > Subject: Re: [Openstack-i18n] ATC candidates listing - call for
> > coodinators' action
> >
> > Hi Daisy,
> >
> > I am confused with the wiki page you wrote about becoming a new
> translator.
> > The wiki page mentions only Zanata and Transifex is not mentioned.
> >
> > Should a new translator use Zanata *right now* (and at least for
> > Libetry) for  translations?
> > AFAIK, we are still using Transifex. I was ask from a Japanese folk
> > who wants to start translations
> > and advised him to use Transifex. Is it correct or not?
> >

> I'm sorry if I make you confused.
> The plan is to use Zanata for liberty translation.
> The wiki page describes steps to join I18n team when we use Zanata in the
> future.
> So I don't cover Transifex.

May I add a note on Transifex, which describes we are still using Transifex
atm.

> > What is the official process and suggestions?
> >
> > If someone has made a work on Transifex from now,
> > can he/she get ATC status if he/she satisfies the requirements?
> > If not, we should announce the situation more clearly to avoid confusion.
> >

> The primary goal to get ATC status for translators is to get them a free
> registration code for Tokyo summit.
> I have exported statistic data of translators' contributions from
> *Transifex* .
> If a translator contributed more than 200 new words translations since
> 2014.11.1, he is able to get a free code to summit.
> We don't start to use Zanata officially. So I don't use Zanata data.
>
> If you have more questions, please let me know.

 Are translation activities on Transifex taken into account?
I know you downloaded Transifex stats but can we gather the latest stats?
Though it might not happen, I think we need to consider the future.
What is the period? since 2014 Nov 1 to when? to Liberty release?

Thanks,